Whether you’re looking because you’re worried an arrest warrant has been filed against you or because you need to know about a person you’re dealing with, everyone has their own reasons for needing to know how to go about finding out if a person has an arrest warrant.
The most common reasons to find out if a person has an arrest warrant include:
- You want to know if the police are going to knock on your door
- You’re worried about what might happen if a traffic cop pulls you over
- You need to run a background check on a potential renter/employee
The good news is that it’s no difficult to find out if a person has an arrest warrant. All you need is a computer, a reliable internet connection, a third party website that deals with a criminal history, and some basic information about the person you’re researching.
The type of information you need to have when launching your search includes:
- The person’s full, legal name
- Their age
- And the state they’re located in
The only problem is that sometimes you’ll get information about a different person who has the same name and is the same age. If you suspect you’re looking at the arrest record of someone who isn’t the person you’re researching, you may have to whittle down the search by using a precise address.
Once you’ve provided this basic information, you’ll discover an entire treasure trove of interesting information.
In addition to learning if the person has an arrest warrant, you’ll learn:
- When and where the criminal offenses took place
- What types of charges the person has dealt with
- The individual’s conviction history